Monday, January 14, 2008

Chapter 3: The Mirror

I felt a hand touching my shoulder. Then felt myself flinch with her touch. Lainey drew back her hand in surprise, not expecting my reaction. I know she thought I was crazy and was finding it hard to believe a word I was saying, but then her eyes grew wide in disbelief. She was staring at my neck. I reached up and touched two small raised bumps. They hurt and the memory of the pain from Sebastian's bite came flooding back to me. "You should get that checked out! It looks almost infected Kim." Lainey urged in concern. I moved across the room to my mirror where I saw his bite. My head started spinning and Lainey rushed to my side and helped me back to bed. The pain came quick...my head, my joints, inside every part of me ached. Sharp pains pierced thru my head and my muscles tightened as I lay in a ball on the bed. Lainey said she was calling an ambulance. NO! I shouted angrily at her as I grabbed her arm. I was hurting her, I could tell. I loosened my grip and thru the pain, pleaded her not to call anyone...just to stay with me. I was scared. What was happening to me? Something was invading my soul...changing me. What had Sebastian done? What was Sebastian? The thoughts in my head, were hard to accept. A vampire? No way! There is no such creature! Was there?


...I was so thirsty.

No comments: